The focus of today’s episode of The Yaminade podcast is focused on building community in the manufacturing and automotive industries. I had the pleasure of chatting with Stefani Butler – who just recently joined Microsoft as a Yammer / Office365 Customer Success Manager – but over the past 10-15 years has held numerous human resources and internal communications roles in organisations like Rolls Royce, Zimmer, and most recently Delphi.
Stefani shares her story in the episode and we touch on a few topics which will be top of mind for a number of listeners – including:
- Getting executive buy in on your enterprise social project. Stefani shares a great story about a two day executive retreat where the discussion was lead on the Yammer network – increasing engagement and helping the executive team to make more effective planning decisions
- Her experience supporting and growing a community on Salesforce.com Chatter (an alternative enterprise social network to Yammer) – and the challenges she had to overcome as she worked with that community beyond their sales organisation
- The role that human resources and internal communication professionals need to play when it comes to enterprise social
- The call for more professional community managers!
Remember… the Yaminade is in it’s infancy – I haven’t got to the funky podcast opening and closing music yet so please enjoy The Yaminade in it’s rawest form. If you like the podcast please support it’s development… there are a number of things you can do:
- Share The Yaminade with your friends, peers and co-workers!
- Subscribe, and if you really like what my guests and I are producing, please leave a review on iTunes!
- We would love your feedback – leave a comment below!
- Sign up to The Yaminade’s newsletter to get semi-regular updates and notifications when new content is published
- If you would like to be a guest on The Yaminade, please get in touch!